SUMMARY: Assists in the general accounting duties of the Accounting Department as assigned, including daily audit of revenue and general ledger functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, the Assistant Controller must be able to perform each essential function, as well as, the other requirements of this job satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to perform this job. The requirements listed below are in addition to and incorporated by reference into those job duties set forth in the Casino Queen Internal Controls for this job title. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the hiring, supervising and terminating of Accounting personnel.
- Prepare and review financial data generated by the Accounting staff.
- Assist in preparing financial reports, financial statements and other required reports.
- Maintain and verify EDP input/output for Accounting records.
- When required, electronically redeem/validate Vouchers that were discovered during the EGD Voucher reconciliation audit as a result of the following occurrences:
- Vouchers that were paid but not redeemed in the Voucher System by Cage personnel.
- Vouchers from a previous gaming day that were paid by Cage personnel, but as a result of a Voucher System problem, remained unredeemed in the Voucher System.
- Perform procedures associated with the archival/retrieval of electronic records maintained by the Document Management/Imaging System.
- Completion of and submission of federal, state and local tax returns.
- Assists the independent CPA’s in their quarterly and annual audits of the financial statements and internal control compliance reviews.
- Assist the Controller in responding to Internal/External Audit Reports as required.
- Assist the Controller and Chief Financial Officer with respect to Fixed Asset maintenance and accounting.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and the Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Candidates without the following qualifications cannot be considered)
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, related field or appropriate equivalent work experience. CPA a strong plus.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains 2016.
Demonstrated work experience in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup) and Powerpoint.
Must have experience working with the procurement cycle (purchasing, accounts payable, cash disbursements).
Experience executing taxes (1099s, sales & use, real estate, income tax, etc).
Experience working with payroll and outside payroll service companies.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.