SUMMARY: Responsible for performing all duties according to Casino Queen policies, procedures and Internal Controls. Responsible for monitoring all aspects of gaming operations where surveillance equipment is operating. Responsible for providing a safe environment for patrons and employees. MUST have previous surveillance work experience and/or working knowledge of the gaming business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, a Casino Queen Surveillance Agent must be able to perform each essential function, as well as, the other requirements of this job satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. The requirements listed below are in addition to and incorporated by reference into those job duties set forth in the Casino Queen Internal Controls for this job title. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Operate all surveillance equipment. Monitors all gaming, operational and security activities.
2. Reports unusual activities to supervisor or management.
3. Maintains liaison with Illinois Gaming Board.
4. Safeguards Casino Queen Assets.
5. Ensure all department documents are complete, accurate and legible.
6. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma, general education degree (GED): or equivalent work experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: In addition to the essential job functions, a Surveillance Agent must be physically capable of performing the following essential physical functions. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Speak or hear.
2. Frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand, stoop and kneel.
3. Capable of negotiating stairs and ramps. Occasionally required to walk, climb or balance.
4. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Regularly required to sit for moderate time periods.
5. Capable of bending, twisting, turning, lifting and stretching as needed to perform job duties.
6. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have correctable vision to 20/100.
COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS: In addition to the essential job functions, a Casino Queen Surveillance Agent must demonstrate the following essential cognitive functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an employee with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
2. Possess basic math skills.
3. Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
4. Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
5. Apply knowledge gained from training, work experience and education.
6. Effectively learn multi-player games rapidly and accurately.
7. Ability to concentrate, focus and report findings on video monitors for moderate to long periods of time.
APPEARANCE AND GROOMING: All Casino Queen Employees are required to comply with all appearance and grooming guidelines set forth in the Casino Queen General Rules, Procedures and Policy Handbook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually light to moderate. The Casino Queen is a non-smoking environment in accordance with Illinois State Statute.