Qualified candidate is responsible for handling guest registration
and check-out, respond to all guest requests and act as communication
liaison between the guests and all other departments. PBX experience
To perform this job successfully, the Hotel Front Desk Clerk must be
able to perform each essential function, as well as, the other
requirements of this job satisfactorily. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to
perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an
employee with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
- Check guests in and out of the hotel.
- Select a room in accordance with the guests’: request.
- Complete guest reservations.
- Adhere to check in and out performance standards.
- Complete daily reports and checklists.
- Answer phones calls with a phone smile and within 3 rings.
- Send and receive faxes.
- Be able to complete group check-ins in a timely manner.
- Complete a daily bucket check.
- Assist with guest service calls and opportunities when necessary.
- PBX or phone operator experience a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to effectively communicate
both verbally and written: provide friendly and courteous service at
all times: apply knowledge gained through training, work experience
and education: demonstrate ability to complete reports by utilizing
various software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, etc.: possess
strong organizational and reasoning skills and have the ability to
obtain an Illinois Gaming License.
This position also requires qualified candidate to work flexible
hours including (nights, weekends and holidays).
High School diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent
work experience is required.